DAS is a water-based ready to use formula that is safe to use on dogs, cats, horses, etc. You can apply it directly or add it to your pet’s bath. Fleas, ticks and other nuisance pests are repelled by the natural cedar oil. DAS also works great to eliminate mange and uncomfortable hot spots on your pets. The second way you can use DAS to deter fleas and ticks from your pets bedding. Just dilute DAS with water at a 3:1 ratio and put it into a spray bottle. Liberally spray your pets bedding, kennel, dog house or other areas where your pet sleeps. The non-toxic cedar oil will keep fleas from infesting these areas with a fresh cedar scent. DAS is safe, non-toxic and can even be used on newborn animals and their nursing mothers. DAS does not impact the environment and does not cause harm to beneficial insects like bees and butterflies.
Uses & Applications
- DAS works best when the animal is wetted with the product and allowed to air dry. There will be some evaporation, so air drying will allow for the best leave behind.
- DAS is safe to use on plants as well since it is water based.
- DAS can be poured into bath water and used as a rinse
DAS VS. Other Cedarcide Products
DAS/Best Yet, Tickshield: DAS is water based and about 3% cedar oil, it works well as a deterrent. Best Yet and Tickshield are oil based so they will cling to skin and fur longer, and they are 10% and 20% cedar oil which makes them great contact killers as well as deterrents.
DAS/Vet’s Choice,PHL: DAS is a ready to use formula, Vet’s Choice and PHL are concentrates that need to be diluted with water.
- Ready to use 1 gallon bottle
- May be diluted at a 3:1 ratio
- Made from cedar oil and corn solvents